I appeared in an interview with Microsoft BING team around 3 months back and got an offer from them. Though I didn't accept the offer, I would like to share my interview experience with the readers. Interview was simple and very well executed. First 2 rounds were conducted at Delhi and then they asked me to come to their development center at Hyderabad. One thing, I must say is that Microsoft takes great care of the interview aspirants in terms of travel arrangement and professionalism.
Since I didn't sign any agreement of not disclosing the interview questions; I am sharing the same to help people for preparing for MS:
1) Find Mid point of singly Link List in single pass.
2) Implement strstr() function; DO it for insanely large strings as well.
1) WAP for finding first pair in an array which add up to a given sum.
2) Find if 2 lists are merging at a node and find that node as well.
At MSIDC Hyderabad:
1) Find anagrams in a 2D array of words. Discussed algo in details.
2) Test Gmail. I first took a subset of features and then covered that.
1) In a char string, find min distance between 2 letters, O(n) time, O(1) space.
2) Write test cases for previous question.
1) Compact spaces in an array in place:
imput: "aawskcn sdlkcnsd dskc dlnkc"
output: "aawskcn sdlkcnsd dskc dlnkc"
2) test copy command in command prompt:
> copy file1 file2
HINT: take care of what if power outage while copy is not complete or network connection drops.
3) In a matrix of characters, find an string. String can be in any way (all 8 neighbours to be considered)
like find Microsoft in below matrix.
HINT: think recursion.
- Please clarify the question first with as many doubts as you ask. Don't be shy with that.
- Take all boundary conditions in mind before presenting a solution.
- Think aloud.
- Discuss your algorithm with the interviewer first before writing the code.
- Give emphasis on the efficiency.
Subscribe - To get an automatic feed of all future posts subscribe here, or to receive them via email go here and enter your email address in the box. You can also like us on facebook and follow me on Twitter @akashag1001.